Saturday 19 December 2009

Addendum

And another thing...

My bloody mother on the phone yesterday. Jesus, that woman. She suggested that I shouldn't get emotionally attached to anyone again, I should just fuck 'em, basically. Because 'you know what happened last time...you can't go through that again and you don't want R (husband) to be ill again, do you?'

'What's me falling in love got to do with R being ill?' I asked, not unreasonably. (Back story - R was in hospital a couple of times recently with seizures. Long story short, diabetic hypos resulting in fits, used to have them regularly years ago, 5 year gap, has just had two again. We're a bit gutted)

'Well, all that suppressed emotion can't have been good for him. After all, knowing you're in love with another man, even though he says he's fine with it...that might well have caused the seizures'.

Thanks mum. Gotta love family. Or murder them and bury them under the patio. One of the two.

No comments:

Post a Comment